ColourPop. The social media makeup sensation that broke the internet with its low prices and richly pigmented products, released its latest line of liquid lipsticks with metallic finishes a few weeks ago. I decided to get hip and bought two ultra metallics and three ultra mattes (not pictured). I’ll be reviewing the items in the above picture since they’re currently VIP items in the social media makeup world and VSO (very sold out). Updated: See the ultra metallic and ultra matte lip products on me here.
So, let’s talk about it… I’ve been on a nude-lip diet these days. That’s why I only purchased two items. There are four metallics total. The other two colors didn’t appeal to me as much as Man Eater and Zebra. The others are cute, but I wasn’t hype to get them even if they’re just six dollars.
- The color payoff is legit. There’s no need to apply more than one swipe on the bottom and one swipe on the top of your lips, unless you want a more opaque coverage.
- The finish is legit. It goes on wet and creamy, but dries down to a metallic finish.
- It does have a comfortable feel on the lips and isn’t overly drying.
- The formula doesn’t dry down very fast, so if you do decide to apply more than one coat, it won’t look too cakey.
- My lips had a sticky/creamy feeling when I would rub them together, which may have a lot to do with the reason why the brand claims “the formula is not completely transfer resistant.”
- The brand also claims the formula is “extremely long wearing” but that claim doesn’t make any sense because you can’t have a product that is not completely transfer resistant be extremely long wearing. The color will wear off after some time, especially if you do things like eat and drink – which means it is not extremely long wearing. Now, if you decide not to eat and drink – your lip color will obviously last longer.
- Zebra moved around a bit and started to fade off my upper lip (I smoked hookah that night, had one cocktail with a straw and a little chapstick underneath). When I wore Man Eater bare, the product also started to fade off my upper lip after having breakfast (piece of bread, oatmeal with a spoon and bottled of water). Both products started to fade within four hours of being worn.
Overall, it’s not a bad product for six dollars. Just know it won’t last very long, so take your pictures ASAP! I would buy more colors in this finish, if they appealed to me. My favorite color is Zebra because it’s not too loud even though it has a metallic finish. I love it alone, too. Man Eater would have to be worn ombre style with Zebra, with a dark pencil underneath or something else. I would never wear it alone; it’s not flattering on me.
If you have these colors or the other two colors, what are your thoughts about them? If you have any questions about these two products, please ask in the comments section below and I’ll get back to you asap.
Thanks for reading!