Do what? Do your eyebrows! Why? Because your eyebrows are everything! Your brows literally hold the highest value when it comes to your face, especially since they are the first feature at the very top of your face. They come first and should be treated with respect. It’s that serious. Not only do well-groomed eyebrows add symmetry to your face, but they also brighten your visage and add a youthful appearance. Groomed eyebrows manage to give you an instant makeup-in-minutes look without having to put on a full face. It’s the one thing that may just “save face” when you’re in a rush and want to still look cute and alive. If you have no time to do your makeup in the morning (like me), at the very least – do your eyebrows. It’s a game-changer. It’s the only thing I do every morning for sure – aside from showering and brushing my teeth, of course.
The above image includes my eyebrow essentials:
- M.A.C. Select Cover-Up – NW45
- Maybelline Great Lash – Clear
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Ebony
- Nars Precision Blending Brush #13
- M.A.C. Small Angle Brush #266
- The first thing I do is brush my errant hairs upward and over with an individual spoolie brush. This typically allows for smoother application. If you’re using ABH Brow Wiz, one side comes with a spoolie brush, so you’re covered. I find it’s too rough to start with and usually save it until the end. I prefer using something a little softer to start.
- Next, I fill in my brows with Brow Wiz using soft, light strokes. I build on this until I’ve achieved my desired coverage.
- Now, my favorite part. Concealer! Basically, I go in and conceal my pencil mistakes and define my brows even more, which results in a more polished look. Concealer is used for concealing blemishes, highlighting, etc. and in this case – I’m using concealer to subtly highlight and define my brows with a shade that matches my complexion. Finding a concealer that matches your skin is key to achieving natural-looking brows, especially if you don’t want to wear foundation or tinted moisturizer. Please keep in mind that I don’t add more product to my angle brush when I’m cleaning the top of my brow. It’s really not necessary as you can use the residual product from when you cleaned up the bottom part of your brows. This is why I like to start with defining the bottom first.
- After that, you want to blend your life away using a blending brush. I even use my fingers to blend since that warms up the product and helps to blend it into your skin even more.
- Then, I use the spoolie end of ABH’s Brow Wiz and brush my brows upward and over to evenly distribute and blend the color for a more natural finish.
- To complete my eyebrows, I use Maybelline’s Great Lash in clear as a gel to hold my brow hairs in place.
Eyebrows, done! Add some mascara and gloss and be on your way! This is all I do for work, usually. Sunscreen and eyebrows. Basically, bare.
I didn’t always know what I was doing, though. Curious about my eyebrow journey? Read on. Continue reading “Want To Look Bomb In Minutes? Do This!”