M.A.C Cosmetics had its first public sample sale in New York City this past week, and I went! I planned to go on Tuesday, the day it started, but my friend got there first and told me the line wrapped around three blocks. I had an oh-hell-nah moment at my desk and decided to take my cute self home. I finally made it on the very last day (yesterday) just hours before it ended (4 pm EST). The event was very organized; I was impressed. There were still plenty of products, too. I thought I was going to be able to cop some paint pots, concealer, bronzers and blush – but I thought wrong. It was only selling seasonal or limited-editon products. However, everything was 60% off! Here’s what I purchased:
I purchased several lip pencils, so maybe I’ll do a giveaway one day. The pencils literally feel like velvet on your lips and dry down to a semi-matte finish.
M.A.C claims these are matte lip pencils. Imo, they have more of a semi-matte finish.
- Anything Goes is described as a “rosey fuchsia.” It’s a bright red with cool, berry undertones.
- Ready To Go is a deep red with warm undertones. M.A.C describes it as a “deep brick red.”
- Velvet Teen is a deep, eggplant purple. It’s similar to Smoked Purple, but a lot darker. M.A.C describes it as a “deep blackened plum.”
- Oh Honey is a light, muted brown with pinkish-peach undertones. It’s described as a “warm chocolate.”
The M.A.C + Brooke Candy Studio Eye Gloss is so relevant to the the oily, glossy-eye trend. Black-Yang is a glittery, deep blue with sheer coverage. It works for a glossy, smokey eye look. M.A.C describes its Studio Eye Gloss as a “gloss for the eyes that provides high shine with buildable coverage.”
The cremesheens are very much what they sound like – sheer lipsticks with a creamy finish.
- Black Night has some shimmer in it and a glossy-to-creamy finish with sheer coverage.
- Midsummer Night is a sheer, muted brown with pink undertones.
- Glaze Lipstick in Ring My Bell offers a creamy, metallic finish with sheer coverage. It could build up to opaque depending on how many times you layer it on. Ring My Bell reminds me of M.A.C’s Lipglass in Explicit. Explicit was one of my first buys from M.A.C as a teenager. Both products have a cute 90’s vibe, which I love – and they’re very on-trend considering the metallic-lip buzz that’s been happening, so buying Ring My Bell was a no-brainer.
I have a thing for nail polish, especially dark cream shades, metallic shades and neutral, cream to sheer shades. I love all the colors I bought!
Everything was final sale. It’s only been one day after the sale, but I have no buyer’s remorse lol. However, if I could exchange one thing for another thing it would be the Cremesheen Lipstick in Midsummer Night for an Aim To Please lip pencil.
I’ll be trying these products out soon, and then I’ll post photos on IG. Updated: See all these lipsticks on me here.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my post! 🙂